Hulu not working on Firestick for you? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out.
Hulu is one of my favorite streaming apps. It has got amazing original TV shows, movies and a wide range of contents.
However, recently I tried to launch the Hulu app on my Amazon Firestick, and it was not working. I looked for answers related to Hulu not working on firestick online, but none of the answers did really fix the issue for me.
Then I sat down and tried different workarounds and followed different troubleshooting methods and finally, I was able to fix the issue for me.
But many of you are still stuck with the same Hulu not working on Firestick issue. If you do, then don’t worry I am going to tell you the exact methods that I have had followed to fix Hulu not working on Amazon firestick.
So here we go:
5 Easy Ways To Fix Hulu Not Working On Firestick
1. Force Restart Hulu & Clear Cache
Whenever an app gives some sort of error, it is always good to force stop the app and clear cache to fix it. It is one of the basic troubleshooting methods that you can try out.
To force stop and clear cache, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, grab your remove and press the Home button and go to the settings menu.
- Then launch the Applications.
- Now click on manage installed application options.
- Then search for the Hulu app from the installed apps list.
- After that, click on the OK button to enter Hulu’s options.
- Then you will find a Force Stop button simply click on the OK button to stop it.
- After that, press the OK button by going to the clear cache option.
- Once done, close all the settings Windows and relaunch the Hulu app from your Amazon Firestick and see if it is working.
2. Clear Data of Hulu App
Apart from the cache, you can also clear the App data to fix Hulu not working on Firestick error. For this, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Firestick settings.
- Then navigate to the Application > Managed installed Applications > Hulu App.
- Now you will find the Clear data option, simply press OK button.
- Once you have cleared data, go and launch the Hulu app, and it should start working by now.
3. Look For Updates
There is also a high chance the Hulu version you are using has some bug, which is not letting the application to run on Firestick.
In this case, updating the app can be a good idea. To update the Hulu app on Firestick manually, do follow these steps:
- At first, go to settings.
- Then go to Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu.
- Now to check system updates, you have to go to Settings on the Firestick home menu and select Device > About > Software Version > Check for System Update.
4. Reinstall Hulu
If you don’t see any updates for Hulu, then you can try reinstalling Hulu on your Amazon Firestick. As there could be a chance that the current version of Hulu that you are using is corrupted. So by reinstalling the application, you will be able to fix the issue.
To reinstall Hulu on firestick, do follow these steps:
- From the main menu, go to settings.
- Then go to Applications > Hulu and hit the uninstall button to uninstall the application.
- Once uninstalled, power cycle your device by turning it off for a minute.
- After that, go to the Search option.
- Then search for Hulu app and download it.
- Finally, launch the Hulu app and see if you are still getting the same hulu not working on firestick error or not.
5. Reset Firestick
Finally, if none of the above methods works out for you, resetting Firestick is the only way to fix the issue.
However, before proceeding ahead, you should know that it will remove all the applications on your Firestick. And your device will be set to the factory default settings.
If you do understand the risk and still want to continue further, do follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the settings menu and then go to My Fire TV.
- Now scroll down and select the Factory default option.
- Once you click on this option, your device will start getting reset to the default settings. It will take a few moments. So be patient.
- After resetting Firestick, do setup the device again and download Hulu app and see if it has fixed the issue for you or not.
Why is Hulu not working on my Firestick?
There are many reasons why Hulu might not work on your Firestick. However, the common reason might be that the Hulu app you are using is corrupted. Or it is facing some cache issues.
How to fix Hulu App not working on Firestick?
You can fix Hulu app not working on Firestick problem by reinstalling the app. Or clearing app cache and data.
Does reset factory to default on fire stick help to fix Hulu app not working on Firestick?
Yes, by resetting your Firestick you will be able to fix Hulu not working on Firestick. But it is recommended to reset your Firestick as the last solution to the problem.
So that was all the methods that you can use to fix Hulu not working on Firestick. Now it is your call to go ahead and try these steps one by one and see if the problem is fixed for you or not. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to do so.